Sunday, November 11, 2012

Good Help is Hard to Find

I wonder what happened to Mommy. She was always so helpful to me with my stories and now it has been months since she has done anything. I have so much to say but I haven't figured out how to use a keyboard to tell my stories and I am frustrated because Mommy is the only one I know who understands Dog Language. Without her, my keyboard is silent.

It all started when Mommy asked Izzy if she wanted to go bye-bye. Out the door they went, but Mommy came back alone. She said she took Izzy to the farm. She usually takes LuLu and me to the farm without Izzy so I was confused.

The next day Mommy came home from work, took us outside and back in real fast, fed us, took us out again and then started running around the house picking up our things and putting them in a bag. She picked up our water dish and food bowls, our toys, and even my bed. LuLu doesn't have a bed because she sleeps on the sofa.

She grabbed us and all of our things and asked us if we wanted to go bye-bye. I love going in the car, but LuLu doesn't. She didn't have a choice. Mommy dragged her and shoved her in the back seat with me and off we went. Mommy parked the car and I looked around and realized we were someplace LuLu and I had never been.

Mommy got us and our things and we were walking up to a strange house. I didn't have a chance to get nervous because the door opened and out walked Frid, Mommy's best friend. Frid loves us and we love her. Mommy said, "Here we are at Frid's house!" We went in and LuLu and I ran all over the house, looking in every room. It is a very nice house. Or it was until Mommy kissed us good-bye, told us to be good girls, and left. She left Frid's house and she left us in it.

I was sad and confused and I even cried. LuLu was scared out of her mind. I thought Mommy would be right back but she was gone a very long time. One night when Frid was walking me, I saw another dog. I got so excited and I started running as fast as I could, without realizing that Frid was holding my leash. I pulled hard and when I broke loose, Frid fell down. I didn't mean to hurt her, but I did. A stranger came and got me and put me in Frid's house and then an ambulance came. Frid had a broken arm, shoulder, and collar bone! I felt bad about it, but when Mommy found out about it, she felt worse!

Frid left in the ambulance and a little while later, Aunt Paula and Uncle Greg came in Frid's house. What in the world was going on? They gathered up all of our things and took us to their car and said we were going home. I didn't believe it until we got there.

LuLu and I ran to our front door, so happy to be home. Aunt Paula opened the door and there was Mommy on the sofa. "Girls! You're home! Come here so I can kiss you." LuLu and I looked at each other and at the same time we ran past Mommy and ran upstairs without giving Mommy a chance to even touch us.

We had a talk upstairs because Mommy taught us that we should talk about our problems and our feelings. We didn't have a problem now that we were home but we did have feelings. We were angry at Mommy for leaving us at Frid's even though Frid loves us and took very good care of us. We decided to stay upstairs until we knew for sure that we would be staying home.

The next morning, we woke up and we were so happy to be in our home that we forgot about being angry. We ran downstairs barking and laughing and we got in Mommy's face and gave her about a million kisses. "Girls! You aren't angry anymore! I am so glad. I love you so much and I missed you so much while you were at Frid's. I was in the hospital so the doctor could fix my back. I couldn't take care of you until my back was better and until I was strong enough. Remember? I told you all of this before you went to Frid's. Frid was wonderful to keep you so you wouldn't have to go to the farm and so you two could be together. Then Frid got hurt and she couldn't take care of you so I got you back a little earlier than expected.

Now you are home and I am better and Frid is almost better. I sure did miss you!"

A few days later, Jacob came to our home and he had Izzy! Even though Izzy is annoying and naughty, we all missed her and were happy to have her home with us.

Last night Mommy called me. "Ethel Frances, come here honey." I went to Mommy and sat in front of her. "Ethel Frances, now that I am feeling better I can help you with your blogs again. Do you want me to help you with a new post?"

If you have read this new post to the end, you know the answer to Mommy's question. I hope you are as happy as I am that I can tell my stories again.


2 comments:

Where to Buy My Book