Wednesday, January 23, 2013

We Tricked Mommy but She Got Us Back

I don't know what Mommy was thinking Wednesday night. She got home from work, and just like she does every work day, she took LuLu and me out and then she took Izzy out. When all of that was over, Mommy called out, "Who's hungry? Does anybody want to eat? Who wants dinner?" All three of us ran into the kitchen. There we found Mommy preparing our dinner. She said, "Wow, girls. It's seven o'clock. I am sorry I am feeding you so late."

I said to my sisters, in Dog Language, "Mommy might be sorry, but we are hungry! Right?" They nodded their heads and we all chuckled. Mommy gave us our food, and we gulped it down in about three seconds. A little while later, Mommy said, "It's 7:30. Who needs to go outside again?" LuLu and I ran over to our leashes and Izzy ran in her crate to wait until we came back inside.

When we came back inside, Mommy sat down on the sofa. "Whew! I am glad you are finished. I am so tired that I can hardly keep my eyes open." Two seconds later, Mommy was sound asleep. My sisters and I watched TV, and to tell you the truth, all three of us fell asleep, too.

Next thing I knew, Mommy was waking me out of a deep sleep. "Good morning, girls! Did you sleep well? Are you hungry? Want breakfast?" I was still sleepy, but I am always ready to eat. LuLu and Izzy woke up, too. I went over to them and whispered so Mommy wouldn't hear us.

"Good morning?" I asked. "Something weird is happening. Mommy said it's time for breakfast, but it looks like night time out the window. I am sleepy like it is still night time, too. Even though it feels like night time, Mommy wants to feed us. I am very happy about that, and if you agree, I will let Mommy know that we are ready to eat. OK?"

LuLu and Izzy started laughing. LuLu said, "I am sleepy like it is night time, too, but I would be happy to eat dinner again." Izzy said, "Me, too! Let's go in the kitchen and see what's going on."

"Ok, girls. Here you are." Mommy put our bowls on the floor. We gulped that food down faster than we had ever gulped! Mommy stood there watching us. Then she looked at the clock, rubbed her eyes, and looked at the clock again.

"Oh no! Girls! What did I do! Its only been two hours since dinner. I thought it was morning. Why did you eat again!"

LuLu, Izzy, and I just stood there looking at Mommy. The answer to her question was pretty obvious. We ate because she fed us. We looked at each other, trying not to laugh. Mommy stood there looking at us and she started laughing.

"I was so confused when I first woke up. I thought I slept all night. It is not good for you to eat so much so often. I am sorry, but I can't feed you when it is really breakfast time. Let's go back to sleep."

When we woke up, Mommy was getting ready for work. She got coffee and yogurt, but no dog food. "I am sorry, but you won't be having breakfast today because I gave it to you last night. Remember? I will give you a couple of extra biscuits so you won't be too hungry."

So, we tricked Mommy, but she got us back. I learned that two dinners in one night equals no breakfast in the morning. I don't think that is fair, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Buy My Book