Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I Got Presents and It Wasn't Even My Birthday!

I thought last Thursday was going to be just another day, but I was wrong.  Mommy was getting ready to leave in the morning, but instead of saying she was going to work, she said she wasn't going to work.  LuLu, Izzy, and I were happy to hear that because when Mommy goes to work, she stays away for the entire day.

My happiness didn't last very long.  Mommy told us she was going to the Berman Hebrew Academy to share my book, "Tales from a Tail Wagging Dog," -- the book that I wrote -- with 3rd grade students.  She even had the nerve to let me know that she was happy!  I put my head down and stopped my tail from wagging to let Mommy know that I wasn't happy at all.  Even though I can't talk, I do know how to communicate!

Mommy knew I wasn't happy, but she didn't know the rest of how I felt.  As far as I am concerned, when it comes to sharing my book at schools, I do not think it's fair that I am not allowed to go.  After all, the stories are mine!  Mommy had a long talk with me the first time she went to a school.  She explained that some people are allergic to dogs and some people are afraid of dogs.  For those reasons, I get stuck at home with my little sisters.  I understand allergies because when I go outside in the spring, I sneeze and sneeze and sneeze!  I also understand fears.  I am afraid of Mommy's car.  I just have so much fun with people and I love making new friends.  I really, really wish I could go with Mommy.

Anyway, when Mommy got home last Thursday, she ran inside and took LuLu and Izzy out for a fast potty break.  She came in the house and grabbed my leash and we ran out the door -- right to Mommy's car.  "Oh no!" I thought.  I wasn't ready to deal with car fears, but I didn't have to.  Mommy reached in the car and took out a great big envelope.  It was the biggest envelope I had ever seen.  Mommy said, "Look, Ethel Frances!  All of Mrs. Goodman's students signed their names.  This is just for you!"  We sat in the grass and Mommy read ever person's name to me.  Then she opened the envelope.

"Look, Ethel Frances.  These are just for you from Mrs. Goodman's class!"  There was a Frisbee, a tennis ball, and a football.  "Ethel Frances, we are going to have so much fun playing with these toys. I am going to keep them in the car so your sisters won't know anything about them.  They are special toys and you don't have to share them with LuLu and Izzy."

Wow!  Mommy has never said that to me!  Even though I didn't get to go to school, I guess Mommy did a good job of sharing my book with the kids.  I guess that is why they sent me presents on a day that wasn't even my birthday!

Big thanks and love and wet kisses to Mrs. Goodman's students -- and to Mrs. Goodman, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Buy My Book