Monday, March 12, 2012

Mommy Talked on the Phone Too Long

Mommy loves to talk on the phone and sometimes she talks way too long. That's what happened last night. She came home from work, took us outside, fed us, and just as I was licking my bowl clean, the phone rang. I was not happy to hear the ring-a-ding-ding because everyday when we finish eating, we have play time with Mommy. Mommy throws the ball to Izzy; she plays tug-of-war with me; and, LuLu just likes Mommy to scratch her back. Mommy told us she would just be a minute and she went ahead and answered that telephone. "Hello," she said. "Hi Frid!" I knew that was the end of play time. Mommy and Frid have been friends since they were little girls and when they start talking, they talk forever! Well, it seems like forever. LuLu, Izzy, and I were very disappointed.

After a few minutes, Izzy said, "Wait a minute. We don't have to be disappointed. All we have to do is come up with a plan to get Mommy off of the phone." "What a great idea," I said, "but how?"  Izzy said we should each come up with one way to get her attention. She is so intelligent. We sat and we thought and LuLu said, "I know what I will do! I will sit right next to Mommy and she will start petting me. I know she will because she always does and after a little while, she will stop. When she stops, I will poke her arm and I will just keep on poking her until she has to pay attention to me. I won't poke her hard enough to hurt her -- just hard enough to get on her nerves." Izzy and I thought it was a perfect plan. Then Izzy said,"I know what I am going to do. I am going to run through the house, looking for things that belong to Mommy that I can chew up. Every time I find something I am going to stand right in front of her and chew it up right in her face! That will definitely get her attention!" Wow! LuLu and Izzy had great ideas, but what was I going to do? Hmmm! I got it! I told my sisters, "I am going to bark as loud as I can and I won't stop until Mommy tries to make me stop." We all liked each other's plans and we put and we put them in action.

Izzy ran into the bathroom and came out with one of Mommy's socks and she started chewing it. Mommy kept right on talking to Frid so Izzy walked right up to Mommy and chewed on that sock right in her face. That didn't work so Izzy went to the bathroom and got another sock only this time she danced back and forth in front of Mommy saying, "Na,na, na, na, na, na. You can't get me!" All of a sudden, LuLu jumped on the sofa and sat down next to Mommy and stared at her. Just like LuLu said, Mommy started petting her and then she stopped. LuLu poked her and then she poked her again and again and I jumped up and started barking my head off. Mommy was trying to talk to Frid while Izzy chewed, LuLu poked, and I barked. We were trying hard not to laugh and all of a sudden, we heard Mommy say, "Frid, I'm sorry. I just can't stay on the phone anymore. My very intelligent dogs have ganged up on me and they are telling me that they want my attention and since I was at work all day, I am going to give them the love and attention that they deserve. I'll call you tomorrow." And just like that Mommy hung up the phone, threw the ball for Izzy, petted LuLu, and played tug-of-war with me. Isn't that amazing! We learned a very important lesson: If you have a problem, find someone you trust, and ask them to help. We also learned that Mommy loves us more than she loves talking on the phone.



1 comment:

  1. What smart girls to work together! I'm glad to hear all the sisters get along. :)

    ReplyDelete

Where to Buy My Book