Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Redskins are Following Me

Mommy's friend Marcie has a business, a blog, a Facebook page, and a twitter account @OrganizedMarcie and she is helping us with my book.  Marcie gave Mommy a lesson in twitter and Mommy decided to see who she wanted to follow.  She chose the Washington Redskins.  We love the Redskins, but to tell you the truth, I really didn't like when Mommy watched football games at home.

The first time Mommy watched a game at home I was happy.  She brought out some snacks and settled down in front of the TV.  I could tell that she would be home for awhile so I got up on the sofa with her. Everything was fine and Mommy shared her snacks with my sisters and me and we were all happy, until all of a sudden Mommy jumped up and started yelling and screaming and she even used some bad words. LuLu and Izzy and I were scared.  We knew we didn't do anything bad and couldn't understand what caused Mommy to act that way.  When she finished screaming she noticed that LuLu had gone upstairs, I was on the floor by the steps, and Izzy was on the other sofa shaking.  Mommy called us and told us to come, and eventually we did.  She said, "Oh, girls!  I am so sorry.  I didn't mean to scare you.  The officials at the game said the Redskins made a mistake, but it was a bad call.  They didn't do anything wrong at all and I guess I overreacted.  I'm sorry.  I will try to contain myself, OK?"  She gave each of us a hug and a treat and we were happy.

So we all settled in again and the next thing I knew, Mommy jumped up clapping and screaming and yellling and LuLu and Izzy got scared again.  I remembered that Mommy said she overreacted before so I just figured she did it again.  Only this time she wasn't angry.  This time she was happy.  She looked at me (because the other two left the room) and she said, "Ethel Frances!  The Redskins got a touchdown!  Isn't that wonderful!"  I wagged my tail and acted happy even though I didn't care.  The Redskins won that day and Mommy was happy.  We were happy, too, because the game was over.  We had no idea that  the Redskins would play sixteen games every year and that Mommy would be watching.

Back to the social networking.  Mommy made a Facebook page for me and she got me on twitter and signed me up to follow @OrganizedbyMarcie.  She searched to see who else she wanted me to follow.  She saw that the @Redskins were on twitter and signed up for me to follow them.  All of a sudden she was jumping up and down, clapping her hands.  Do you want to know why she was so excited?  Because she saw that the Redskins are following me!  Hail to the Redskins!  Mommy and I can't wait until the new season begins.  Believe it or not, I saw how much fun Mommy has watching the Redskins and I wanted to share that with her so I am a 'Skins fan, too!

1 comment:

  1. Ethel Frances, you should make a deal with Mommy: Every time the Redskins win a game, you get a treat. You won't get a lot, because they don't win a lot, but it might make you more interested in the game.

    Thanks for mentioning me! I'm so proud of all the progress you've made in the social-networking world.

    ReplyDelete

Where to Buy My Book