Monday, April 22, 2013

I Didn't Know Dogs Erupt -- Did You?

I like to learn and so does Mommy. One day we were watching a TV show about volcanoes. I didn't understand everything, but I did learn the word erupt. It means to force something out suddenly. We watched a volcano erupt and saw lava and ashes pouring out from the top of a mountain. I liked watching it on TV, but I wouldn't want to be near it.

I didn't think much about the volcano after the TV show was over, but a few days later I heard Mommy talking to herself. At first I didn't really pay attention because Mommy talks to herself pretty often. I did start paying attention, though, when I heard Mommy say "erupt." I got nervous. What was she saying? What erupted? Is there a volcano near our house? Was lava going to get me while I was going for a walk? While I was imagining scary thoughts about what was erupting, I heard Mommy say, "Oh my gosh! It looks like Izzy erupted in her crate! What a mess! How am I ever going to clean it all up?"

Izzy erupted? Did she learn a new trick? Did lava and ashes come out of her? I walked over to her crate and found out what made Mommy talk to herself. I hate to be gross, but I want to write this down. Maybe if Mommy reads it in a few days she will laugh. Here's what happened. Izzy erupted from her butt. Ewww. There was poop on every place in her crate!

"Come here, Izzy. Don't touch the floor. Don't touch anything!" Mommy didn't let Izzy run out of the crate to greet her. She picked Izzy up and carried her outside. All the while, she was talking. "Oh, Izzy. What a mess. Is there any place on you that doesn't have poop? I have to find a clean place to pick you up. Oh, here are two places on your sides. This is so gross."

Mommy carefully picked Izzy up and carried her outside to go potty. I doubt that there was anything left inside of her. Mommy picked her up again and carried her upstairs. LuLu and I followed. Izzy ended up in the bathtub. Mommy scrubbed her, rinsed her, and scrubbed her until she didn't stink anymore. Mommy was a little happier. She said, "Izzy, I don't know what happened. You never go potty in your crate. Well, almost never. I hope you aren't sick. Let me rinse off the shampoo and we'll see if you are clean." Mommy rinsed Izzy and smiled. "You can come out now, Izzy. You smell so good and your fur is soft and silky."

Izzy took a towel to Mommy and Mommy dried her. Izzy likes that. When Mommy finished drying her, Izzy started racing through house, rubbing against the carpet and the furniture. She was having a great time. Mommy went downstairs to the crate and started talking to herself again. "Well," she said, "I cleaned the dog. How in the world am I going to clean the crate? It is disgusting." She stood there thinking and then said, "Ah ha! I know what to do." Izzy, LuLu, and I were very interested in what Mommy was saying and doing. Mommy picked up the crate and took it upstairs to the bathtub. We all followed.

While Mommy was cleaning the crate, she said, "Izzy! I found out why you erupted. Look at this." Mommy pointed to a flat piece of plastic that goes on a bag of bread to keep it fresh. She also pointed out a piece of a stick, and several chunks of pine cone. "When are you ever going to stop eating this kind of stuff. You should only eat food and treats that I give you. Do you understand?"

Mommy was using bleach to clean the crate and the bathtub. It started smelling bad, so we went downstairs. Izzy said to LuLu and me, "Sisters, I do understand that I shouldn't eat plastic and wood. I understand that I shouldn't eat pine cones, too. I don't even know why I eat that stuff. I am sad to say, though, that I will probably do it again. I will probably eat Mommy's socks again, too. I don't know why I break Mommy's rules. I will try harder to be good, like you two."

Izzy went running through the house again and LuLu and I looked at each other and shook our heads. Then we both said at the same time, "I don't know what is wrong with that dog. She is lucky she is so cute and sweet or Mommy might give her away." Mommy came downstairs and guess what she said? She said to LuLu and me, "Girls, I don't know what is wrong with that dog. She is lucky she is so cute and sweet or I might give her away."

We have heard Mommy say that about Izzy about a million times. We know Mommy loves Izzy too much and will keep her forever, even when she erupts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Buy My Book