Monday, April 15, 2013

Izzy Strikes Again

Mommy was not happy this week. It all started last weekend. Mommy was taking a nap on the sofa. Izzy was napping on Mommy; LuLu was napping on the other sofa; and, I was napping upstairs. We don't have carpet on our floor because of LuLu, but that's another story. The house was very quiet and all of a sudden,we heard something hit the floor. The rule in my house is if something hits the floor, it belongs to the dogs. Usually that means whenever food hits the floor, but Izzy will eat anything.

One of the lenses in Mommy's glasses popped out while Mommy was asleep. My sisters and I ran to Mommy, hoping that she had dropped food on the floor. Unfortunately, it was just her lens. LuLu and I were disappointed, but Izzy wasn't. She grabbed that lens as fast as she could, jumped on the sofa, and started chomping away on it.

I guess the noise of Izzy's teeth on glass woke Mommy up. She suddenly jumped up, looked around, and saw Izzy on the sofa. "Izzy!," she cried out. "What do you have? What do you have? What is it?" She was running towards Izzy and then came to a screeching halt. Mommy said, "Why can't I see? What is wrong with my eyes. Why is everything so blurry?" Mommy talks out loud, asking questions from time to time, even though she knows we can't answer. I wondeer why she does that.

Anyway, Mommy put her hand up to her glasses and felt a hole where the lens is supposed to be. "Oh no! My glasses!" She ran to Izzy and started asking her questions. "Izzy, do you have my lens? Do you? You do! I see it hanging out of your mouth. Izzy, DROP IT! Oh my gosh, Izzy, you drop it right now! Do you hear me?" Of course Izzy heard her. I think all of Olney heard her, she was screaming so loudly. Izzy was not going to drop that lens. In fact, she smiled at Mommy.

Mommy ran and got the Dustbuster. Izzy is afraid of it and Mommy knows it. Mommy also knows that turning it on and putting it near Izzy will scare her. Then Izzy will drop whatever she has. Sure enough, Mommy turned it on, placed it by Izzy's face, and Izzy spit out the lens. Mommy picked it up and looked at it. She cried out, "Izzy! How am I supposed to see now? Look at your teeth marks all over this lens! You better stop laughing because it is NOT funny!"

After that, all week long, my sisters and I heard Mommy say, "Izzy! What is your problem? I don't understand you? Why do you do things like this? You are lucky you are so sweet or you would be living someplace else." You would be surprised at how many times Mommy repeated herself. To tell truth, I agree with Mommy. I just got a little tired of hearing it over and over, day after day. Well, she changed her tune on Thursday.

Every day when Mommy gets home from work, she always says, "Girls, Mommy's home! Come here so I can kiss you." Thursday, Mommy threw the door open and said, "Thanks a lot, Izzy, you rotten dog!" My sisters and I were shocked. LuLu usually takes a toy to Mommy when she gets home, but not that day. I usually start barking with joy, but not that day. We just stared at Mommy, waiting to hear why she was so upset. "Isabel Victoria, I just ordered a new lens. Do you know what it costs? $172.50! I should make you get a job to pay for it, Izzy. I also think Isabel is too cute of a name for you. I am going to call you Isabrat until I get over being angry. I really hope if you ever think about chewing something that isn't yours, you will think about this week. I hope you remember how much money I had to pay to fix the glasses that you ruined. I just might not have enough money to buy you treats!"

Mommy closed and locked the door, put her purse down, and came in our room and gave us all big hugs and a bunch of kisses. "Izzy," she said, "I just hope one day you will learn how to be a good girl from your sisters. I love you all. Let's go outside for a walk."

I am glad Mommy got over being upset. We are happier when Mommy is happy. Mommy looked at Izzy and said, "My daddy used to say, 'I always love you, but I don't always like you.' That's how I feel right now." I learned something new on Thursday. I learned that Mommy loves Izzy, even when Izzy is naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Buy My Book