Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Uh Oh! It's That Time of Year Again

Last week, the annual chaos started. Mommy was cleaning like crazy. She took all of the cushions off of the furniture and vacuumed the sofas. She vacuumed all of the cushions, too. She swept the floors, then vacuumed them, and then mopped them with a steam mop. Then she went crazy in the kitchen. She pulled the refrigerator and the stove into the middle of the room so she could clean under them. Then she cleaned inside of them. Mommy cleaned places that I didn't even know existed.

The whole time she cleaned, she complained. "Oy," she whined. "Ach," she kvetched. (I just learned the word kvetch. It means complain and whine. I am proud of myself for using a word that I just learned). Then Mommy used a word that explained her mood and her cleaning.

"Girls. Come here, please. I have to tell you something important. No more eating cookies in the living room. I just finished getting it ready for Passover." When we heard Mommy say Passover, we looked at each other and nodded our heads. Mommy left the room and LuLu, Izzy, and I had a nice conversation about Passover. We love Passover even though all the cleaning and cooking makes Mommy grumpy. Then we remembered that we would have two Seders at our house.

Mommy would start cooking days before Passover even started. She is a good cook and we knew our guests would feed us from the table. We would get leftovers, too! At the Seders, everybody takes turns reading the story of Passover and they sing lots of songs. Mommy brings out a bag of little toys and everyone takes something to play with at the table. I am not sure why, but there are lots and lots of frogs in that bag.

LuLu, Izzy, and I love Passover food and we love having guests at our Seders. We agreed, though, that our favorite thing about Passover is that Mommy doesn't go to work at the beginning and end of Passover. She stays home with us. We love when Mommy stays home with us, even when she is grumpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Buy My Book