Monday, August 19, 2013

We Took Turns

I had the best day today.  Mommy and I went to the Home to visit my friends.  We went to Sophie's room first.  Mommy knocked on the door.  We heard Anita tell us to come in, so Mommy opened the door a little bit.  Valentina opened it the rest of the way to let us in.  And what a greeting we got!

Valentina is so cute.  Most dogs I know wag their tails when they are happy or excited.  Valentina wags her whole body.  The wagging starts at the tip of her tail and she wags all they up her back to her neck.  And that's what she did when I went into Sophie's room.

The people were happy to see each other, too, but they don't wag.  They just hug.  What a boring way to express happiness!  Valentina and I like to chase each other.  We ran circles around Sophie.  Valentina likes to pull my ears and I like to pull her legs.  We are careful not to hurt each other.  While we were running wild, Valentina and I heard Sophie say the word banana.  We stopped running, hoping that banana was for us.

Anita said, "I will give them the banana."  Oh boy!  Valentina and I looked at each other, smiled, and ran to sit right smack in front of Anita.  While she was peeling the banana, I was drooling.  I tried not to, but I couldn't stop the drool from pouring out of my mouth.  It got all over Anita's skirt.  It was gross, but she didn't seem to mind.  Anita broke off a small piece of banana and gave it to Valentina first.  I sat and drooled while waiting for my turn.  As soon as Valentina had her piece of banana, Anita gave me a piece.  Anita fed us pieces of banana until it was all gone.

Mommy and Anita both said they were so proud of us because we sat nicely, waiting for our turn.  Neither one of us tried to grab the banana out of Anita's hand.  All of a sudden, I heard the crinkle sound of someone opening a cup of yogurt.  I looked at Mommy and Anita. They had no food.  So I looked at Sophie and saw her opening yogurt.  I love yogurt and Valentina does, too.  This time we ran and sat in front of Sophie.  She handed to top of the yogurt cup to Mommy and Mommy held it out for Valentina and me. We took turns licking the top and when Sophie ate all she wanted, we took turns licking the cup.

Sophie, Anita, and Mommy were laughing a lot.  They thought we were funny.  Valentina and I talked about that.  At first, our feelings were hurt because people were laughing at us.  Then we realized that they weren't laughing at us.  They were laughing because they were enjoying watching us.  We made them happy! Valentina and I agreed that we are lucky we are are friends and happy that we have each other to talk to.  Valentina is my best friend.  I hope you have a best friend, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Buy My Book