Monday, July 29, 2013

They All Came Just to See Me!

Mommy and I left through the front door tonight for our evening walk.  I stopped at my collection of sticks and chose a medium sized one.  We started walking and I heard loud rock music.  I love music and I started wagging my tail to the beat.  Mommy looked at me with a look of amazement on her face.

"Ethel Frances," she said, "I had no idea that you know how to keep time to music.  Look at your tail!  I bet there is not another dog who can do that!  There is a live band playing at the shopping center right now.  Let's go over and hear it."

We went across the street and I saw the band.  There were lots of people sitting at tables and there were lots of little kids playing in water.  Everyone looked so happy.  While Mommy and I were walking around, people kept looking at me and smiling.  We saw my friend Winnie at a table with her mommy, Sara, and Sara's mommy.  Winnie and I were very happy to see each other.

Mommy sat down at the table.  Winnie is lucky because she is small enough to sit on Sara's lap and that's what she was doing.  I am way to big to sit on anyone's lap, so I stretched out on the floor.  The band was taking a break so I started paying attention to all of the people.

Everyone who walked by, stopped when they saw me.  They all said to Mommy, "Can I pet your dog?" Mommy always said yes and always told people that I am a very nice dog.  I felt happy for the attention and proud for what Mommy said about me.

When the band started playing again, I started wagging my tail to the beat of the music .  Mommy got excited and told Sara.   Since the music was loud, Mommy had to talk even louder, but while she was telling Sara about my tail, the music stopped.  All of the people near us heard Mommy.  Many of them came to see me.  The grownups wanted to watch my tail, but the kids just want to pet me.  They hugged me, too.  I loved all of the attention and love I was getting.

One little girl who was almost 2 years old, kept patting me and laying her head on my side.  She was so sweet and gentle.  When her parents said it was time to go, she looked right in my eyes and said, "Thank you, doggie!"  Isn't that so sweet!

Mommy wanted to show all the people how I can keep time to music with my tail, but the band didn't play again.  I know people went to the shopping center to hear the music, but I think they stayed there just to see me!  If they hadn't, wouldn't they have all gone home when the music stopped?

I love people, I love music, I love my family, and I love my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Buy My Book